Search This Blog

Thursday 5 July 2018

Le passé composé Boardgames

When I teach the Passé Composé ( PC) I use a book I made using Ibooksauthor.
Since I teach 7th grade, it is a somewhat a rough version of the important rules. 
It is 4 lessons:
1. Regular avoir with ER and getting used to the new technical words (auxiliaire, participe passé, verbe composé) 
2. Other regular endings IR /RE/ + ER all regular verb avoir practice
3. Irregular avoir ( -u ( type pu), -is (type (mettre),-it ( faire), é (été)
4. Etre verbs  they have to remember 5 that we come across in the year with the acronym ( PARAS: Partir, aller, rester, arriver and sortir) 
With être we go over the agreement rule ( just like the adjective) 

and Boom voilà!

So 3 board games essentially and you can DOWNLOAD  the one with irregular and regular avoir verbs.

Adaptation: 

I also put on a few stickers to the regular board game and created question or negative sentence card so they can practice those skills too. ( the cards with ? and - are mixed up) they pick a card when they land on the box that has a sticker.

Both my French classes wanted to keep playing for ever. I don't mind as they don't use notes and this fosters their spontaneity and I am very lucky as they started making full sentences without me even asking!

TPT link:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/BUNDLE-Board-games-Passe-compose-2-board-game-set-with-extensions-cards-4167688

No comments:

Post a Comment