Search This Blog

Monday 4 June 2018


Hello, Hola, Bonjour


I am sure you have seen these little matchup games all over Pinterest and Instagram, ( if you haven't yet, some great bloggers also do these match up and they are listed in the links page) which I keep telling myself to laminate but also keep forgetting...
You may be wondering why I have resources for French beginners while I don't really teach it yet. In my realm I do get tutoring gigs and these are what this resource was for. 
I like to have fun, they enjoy it and I am amazed at the retention level every week after just 1 hour.

2-Level Fun match up How to.


1. First you need to do some research as for any type of resource you want to make sure you have a clear idea as to how many vocab words you want to have the kids play with and also if all the vocab is at their level. 

(Here you have french un-conjugated verbs with a complement about                                leisure.)

2. I have now a nice folder full of ico
ns from www.flaticon.com but clearly I didn't have any of those so here we go create a new folder and start searching for icons to fit my purpose.

3. I used www.canva.com although I am sure you can also use Piktochart or powerpoint/ keynote to make those.
The shape creation took a little time, but as for any of the resources you make with Canva you can save the template and reuse for a multitude of topics later. 
 4. For the two level task you want to give yourself the opportunity to separate the picture and verb group first and then after they have played the game on another day you want to cut the remaining indents. 

5. What would be next...
I think I could try changing the picture for a pronoun and have the kids conjugate. or have the same shapes with the conjugated verbs and complement. 

So many possibilities what are your ideas, What topics would you use with these???

Here is a link to the puzzles available on my TPT Store:
French School/ school items : https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Lecole-School-French-match-up-game-4165725

French food Conjugaison / match up https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Puzzle-La-nourriture-et-au-restaurant-4149694

French les loisirs:https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Puzzle-La-nourriture-et-au-restaurant-4149694

No comments:

Post a Comment