Search This Blog

Monday 17 June 2019

New course, new game!!

Hello,
I have just finished the new course that ELEInternacional offers on designing materials with Powerpoint and so with this comes new resources and some new ideas.

This past two weeks, I have learned all about designing essentially what I was able to do with Canva without the need to be online.

The result of both courses put together, learning about typographies and color matching etc has paid off and with new courses to design for 5th and 6th grade in French, it has gotten me started on some new resources that I will surely use next year.

The first thing was designing a weekly planner. I am a big fan of planning and if you are a beginner teacher, I can not stress the impact of planning on having successful classes. So instead of drooling over other TPT teacher author planners, I designed my own and some stationery to go with it for the folders I use for each class.
I need to get my schedule to be able to fully finish the product but I like the cactus themes so I went with it and here is how it looks to start with. I used a watercolor background from Freepik for the cover and the rest I designed following the steps taught by Laura Caldas  (@eltarrodeidiomas)

 The next activity was to design a boardgame. Nothing new here. But I needed some new material for my 5th grade  French class so ...PERFECT! I found hippie icons in Flaticon to design this one and rest is just following the tutorial again.
I had to design a set of cards so I designed the cards that go with the game and it is now available on my Tpt store here
 Finally, the last task was to make little medals or token of good work for your class that you can use as rewards. I decided to base my token on a system so that my kids in the 6th grade can keep track of their progress. I selected 5 skills that are basic but essential for them to have secured by the end of the year and as they go through the course, they get the token.

So here is what I have been up to this first week of vacation. I am taking a break from planning ( maybe) as I am putting my tourist cap back on at the end of the week. Wishing all the followers a great summer break full of creativity and relaxing times!


No comments:

Post a Comment