Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Teaching fifth grade for the first time.

Clearly after 6 years I have gotten used to teaching 7th grade and this year I'll be taking on the 5th grade Spanish classes. I want to have them come up with the classroom rules, review methods and  make nice posters that we could leave in their class for the year, as well as introducing some of the essential vocab they will need to function in the class. 
So, in order to do the latter ,I've used Canva to make a Dobble game with the following vocab. 
I will actually use the Dobble game in the second lesson as we have a lot of admin stuff to go through first. 
To introduce these 13 words I use my smartboard and chopped the content into 4 chunks

  • I start with lapiz, pegante, bolĂ­grafo and tijeras.

I do a True or false, Is it spelt correctly, What do you call this, and finally a what is missing.

  • Then, I add paper and notebook I' m hoping some will know on or the other. 
  • Then we move on to phrases I or the students can say, the first four,  match up, what picture to I use to express... 
  • And for the last three I actually will ask them to do the gesture and tell me what they think i'm trying to get them to understand with these, we will discuss when we are going to use sit down etc, 
  • We finish on recapping all of them and stick the worksheet in their book so they can review at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment