Search This Blog

Thursday 2 August 2018

How to use Pinterest in your classroom 1:1 computer classes

So many of you know and use Pinterest to find resources and do research of topics and themes you teach, not mentioning how useful it is for fashion, recipes ad how to get scratches of your wooden floors. 
I use Pinterest in the class to get the kids to write.
I created accounts under pseudonym fr my classes, one for French and one for Spanish. I share the log in and password with the students as they have computers.
The first lesson, they log in and create a secret board. This will ensure the student's online safety.
Once they have a board I give them a task: a question to answer for example in French we review introducing yourself with French celebs, they have to write four sentences to present their person based on info they found online.
They pin a picture and in the description they write their little paragraph. 
From this and as the months and tasks go by the length f their writing expands and the pictures and up to date content makes it a really nice platform to work on.

In the Spanish class and the examples shown here, I use it in the fashion unit, food, vacation and daily routine. 




As the students sign an honor code, pinning or deleting from another board or into another board that is not their's  is a big no-no and hasn't happened yet. i know I am very lucky with the sort of student I work with.


Pinterest!!! Find me there with the link on the left hand side!

No comments:

Post a Comment