Search This Blog

Monday 27 April 2020

Edpuzzle and quizizz- how I use these two resources

Good morning,
Today I will tell you about how I use Edpuzzle and Quizizz.
First a bit of background info, before Distance Learning  -I shall call it DL after this- I never used Edpuzzle, I now do maybe on a bi-weekly basis.
Now, I have been using it for all levels 5th, 6th and 7th grade.
I used to present the vocab and get the kids going with songs and short videos in my classes, so after a quick search in the Youtube content, I found those videos already edited by other teachers. It is worth checking that the questions meet your kids' needs, and you can save and edit questions add more, delete or change the MCQ.
Edpuzzle

For the 6th grade, I mainly include the videos for reinforcement of what has been said in class or pre-teaching  (flip class) or even for listening skills. 
Quizizz
For the 7th grade,  I found some supplementing material for students to work on celebrations and also so explanatory videos on grammar topics that we may not have had time to go over in-depth during the class. 
I use Edpuzzzle for homework since we have 35 mn slots with our classes and I am lucky enough to have maximum of 16 students in my classes I try to continue teaching the way we used to in class. 

Quizizz on the other hand, I have been using way before DL. It is my 'Kahoot', I liked the old version I like the new version the kids like the new redemption questions and glitch bonuses etc.
All levels play with Quizizz, I have used premade ones, I have saved and edited ones and I have made my own ones too. It is very versatile and when you think your classes are lacking the umph then go fo a Quizizz and the quiz with brighten right up.
How often to I do Quizizz, with the 7th grade I have done it once a week during DL and with the 6th grade when needed. 
I like how we can go over the questions at the end, I tend to do this more with 6 and 7th grade than with the 5th grade. I do like how it gives the kids a temperature check on how they are doing, I need to play with the new gap-fill features to stretch the ability of the kids. 
It feels it really only tests them on reading and vocabulary or grammar mechanics if you only use the multiple choice options.

More to come this week or next the top 3 DL online resources.


No comments:

Post a Comment